I took plenty of pictures so take a look at the new rooms at the MGM Grand.
What I have not been able to experience just yet is the STAY WELL rooms. Apparently they will help jet lag as well improve your sleep while in the hotel. Listen, I stay in a different hotel each week and I would love anything that will allow me to sleep. (I can't do bourbon at the bars of Las Vegas every night just to help me sleep.)
The hotel has outfitted 42 rooms with 12 health and wellness features that help provide the optimal conditions for heath and well being.
I'm intrigued by the features but I'll admit I'm a little skeptical. Below you can see what the features are and the benefits they claim to add to the Las Vegas hotel room experience.
(I will hold my commentary on each until after I experience the rooms first hand. However, they have done the research so there is some proof coming out of the Columbia University Medical School and the Cleveland Clinic that these features will improve your stay. They will not help you win at blackjack or make it easier to bounce bank from an all night party at a Las Vegas nightclub)
The STAY WELL rooms at MGM Grand and their features:
- Advanced Room Lighting: improves the body’s internal clock by assisting in the regulation of melatonin production and sleep/wake cycles
- Wake Up Light Therapy: exposes guests to short periods of blue-shaded lighting to increase energy and reverse the effects of jetlag
- Nightlighting: LED lamps designed to illuminate pathways at night without disturbing melatonin levels
- Dawn Simulator Alarm Clocks: gradually awakens the body
- Vitamin C Shower Infusion: shower water infused with Vitamin C which neutralizes chlorine to promote healthy hair and skin
- STAY WELL Air Purification System: the most advanced HEPA-standard air purification system reduces allergens, toxins and pathogens, creating better air quality and breathing
- Aromatherapy: optional aroma infusion for STAY WELL guests
- Water Filtration System: reduces disinfectant byproducts, chlorine, pesticides and some pharmaceutical and personal care products for the cleanest, most purified in-room water
- EMF Protection: protects STAY WELL guests from electrical equipment that emanates sleep-disruptive Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- Photo-Catalytic Coating: breaks down bacteria, virus and VOCs on bacteria-susceptible surfaces
- Cleveland Clinic exclusive access: wellness software includes stress management, sleep and nutrition programs, as well as access to healthy food/drink options developed by the Cleveland Clinic, which guests can use for up to 60 days after their stay
- STAY WELL Channel: World-renowned health and wellness expert, and Delos advisory board member Dr. Deepak Chopra will welcome guests to MGM Grand through in-room televisions, followed by an educational video on the features in the room
These rooms at the MGM Grand Las Vegas will be offered at a $30 per night cost.
If you are looking into relaxing a little more you might as well find a spa treatment treatment that works for you. Check out my favorite Las Vegas spas and the treatments that will have you looking and feeling fabulous.
The Essential Planning Tools For Your Las Vegas Vacation
Take your time and do a little research and you’ll find some good deals.
- Research hotels, show tickets and attractions before you get go on vacation
- Research Show Tickets with Ticketmaster
- Researching Hotels? Find Deals, Compare Rates, and Read Hotel Reviews on TripAdvisor
- Explore Discounted Tours and Attractions with Viator.com.
- Compare package deals with Southwest Airline Vacations
- Check hotel prices with Kayak.com