Beer, pizza and a few televisions are enough to get you to come in but I would also consider the price, the meatballs and Romelia’s salad. Did I mention a pretty decent beer list? Sit at the bar and you have a comfortable spot to hang out. Grab a booth and you can have a family meal. The take out counter affords you the possibility to have a late night meal or a quick slice.
Part of the 77 Places to Eat Cheap in Las Vegas
Location: Slice of Vegas
Mandalay Bay Hotel Las Vegas
Mandalay Place 3930 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Cuisine at Slice of Vegas: Pizza, pasta, salads
Price Range at Slice of Vegas: Inexpensive
Hours at Slice of Vegas:
Lunch and dinner and a late night counter
Mon - Fri: 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
What it’s like at Slice of Vegas?
Slice of Vegas is a casual spot in the Mandalay Place located between the Luxor and the Mandalay Hotel. Good prices, friendly service and above average food. You’ll be impressed by their beer list, while it is not the largest in town it is very well thought out. If you are seeking out a few craft beers to experiment with this is a good spot for that. Also, you‘ll be excited about their Happy Hour specials and especially their “Two Dollar Tuesday & Thursday” that features $2 slices and $2 PBR Draft beers. That’s a $4 meal.
Edit: So the good deals evaporated. I stopped in recently and the fabulous $2 deal is long gone and now you'll just get 1/2 off appetizers at the bar for happy hour. No more $4 meal so of course the beast deal on the Las Vegas strip is no longer. You can however still get a slice for $4 at the secret pizza at the Cosmopolitan Hotel.
How’s the food at Slice of Vegas?
I won’t tell you it's the best pizza in Las Vegas because I have written extensively about pizza on the Las Vegas strip and while it is good there are some pretty good pies out there. However, the beer list, the pasta, the salad and the sides make it a good choice. Wrap that up with a decent price point and you are looking at a restaurant that you should seriously consider. Order the meatballs and combine them with the garlic bread for a twist on a meatball sandwich.
What you should try at Slice of Vegas:
- Not Your Mama’s Garlic Bread – It’s the basil pesto that made me finish more than I should but coupled with a Squatters Hop Rising IPA it might become your perfect afternoon snack.
- Romelia’s Salad – There is nothing complicated about this salad aside from the flavors that make you want to continue until you are forced with considering ordering a second salad. Romaine, oranges, red onions, avocado tossed in a simple vinaigrette and some pine nuts. Simple but done so right that you’ll want to return for it.
- Bow of Pastabilities – Choose the pasta. The sauce and a little extra and you are set. Go for the grilled veggies in the spicy marinara. Yes!
- Il Mangino - Tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese topped with grilled red onions, prosciutto and arugula salad tossed in fresh lemon and olive oil, topped with parmigiano reggiano. – You’ll need a beer to go with it.
- Meatball sandwich – You can order a sandwich or get the meatballs as a side and then combine them with the garlic bread. Oh my, what a way to waste away an afternoon with meat, bread and beer. Order one sandwich and split it and you have a great cheap meal.
- Kids meals at under $8 are a decent price as your kid should be full with the size of the serving.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy