I have a few ideas on how to entertain your teenagers in Las Vegas without boring the parents in the process. This list of things for your teenagers is diverse and will not fit every family but I’m pretty sure you’ll find a few you like.
By the way: Each of these activities has been tested by my own young adult and he gives me the thumbs up.
Thrilling Activities for Teenagers in Las Vegas
- Red Rock Canyon - Hiking in the park is fun for those kids who want an outdoor experience but rock climbing is better. Check with the American Alpine Institute for guided climbing tours just a few minutes from the Las Vegas strip.
- Sun Buggy Fun Rentals – If your kids are under 15 you’ll have to drive but you’ll get to race over dunes and make them scream as payback for all the grief they’ve been giving you about getting old.
- Indoor Skydiving - Hover over a giant fan
- Thrill Rides at Stratosphere Tower - Jump off the top or strap yourself to a ride that feels like you are falling off the tower.
- Zip Line down Fremont Street Race over the crowds in Downtown Las Vegas
- Bootleg Canyon - Get the full zip line experience out in the desert.
Teenage Diversions On The Las Vegas Strip
- Score! Interactive Sports Exhibit - Sports fans will love the interactive exhibit
- Bodies The Exhibition - Is your kid taking AP Biology? They’ll learn far more in this exhibit.
- Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition - Yes, they can touch a piece of the Titanic
- The Mob Museum - This museum works for some teens yet fails miserably for others. If they are into history and the story that is organized crime this works well.
Intro To Art In Vegas For Your Teen
- Cosmopolitan Garage Art - Walk a parking garage with your teenagers?
- City Center Art Project - World Class art for free
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art It’s a boutique gallery so they’ll be introduced to some art but not enough for them to ask to leave.
- National Geographic Pictures - It is a limited engagement so catch it while it is in town.
- The Neon Muesum - Neon signs tell the history of a different Las Vegas and a history that is ever evolving.
Shows That Work For Teenagers in Las Vegas
- Mystere - Clean, funny, entertaining. Your teenagers will LOVE it.
- Mac King - This can be considered a good kid show but I have seen plenty of teens having fun. Adults see it without kids.
- Blue Man Group - My boys love this show and it has enough action to keep them very entertained.
- The Beatles “LOVE” - It’s the best show in town for a reason. Don’t worry if they do not know the music. They will love it.
Free Stuff To Do With Your Teenagers
- Bellagio Gardens - Walk through and be impressed and then check out the chocolate fountain around the corner.
- Bellagio Fountains - They a re best watched at night but the view of the people on the strip gets dicey as the sun goes down as well.
- Sirens of TI - This is a favorite among teenage boys.
- Volcano - Fire and loud explosions. Who does not like that?
Wildlife in the Desert
- Siegfried and Roy Secret Garden - White tigers and some dolphins.
- Dolphin Trainer for a Day at Mirage - Learn a lot about dolphins and the need to educate others about these magnificent creatures.
- Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay - Your teen ager will want to SCUBA dive and soon you’ll be booking a trip to the Cayman Islands
Feeding The Teenagers in Las Vegas
- Serendipity 3 at Caesars Palace
- Sugar Factory at Paris Las Vegas
- Grimaldi’s at Palazzo
- Gordon Ramsay BurGR at Planet Hollywood
- Public House at Luxor