Before I knew it I had cracked open the Encyclopedia Britannica and much to my surprise the same guy had painted the Mona Lisa. Well, I realized the guy was very talented and my 4th grade fingers went to work and patched up the frame and hung it back on the wall. No one ever noticed the glass was gone but I always remembered that Da Vinci was the guy behind the easel for the painting and perhaps the spark in my interest in art.
By the time the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles emerged I was pretty well versed in Leonardo speak. Not a bad pitch for a BB gun in the house and also the reason why I’m impressed with the Di Vinci – The Genius exhibition at the Venetian Las Vegas as it attempts to tell a more complete story of who Leonardo da Vinci really was and what he contributed to our world today.
Location: Venetian Hotel Las Vegas
3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hours for the Da Vinci – The Genius at the Venetian Las Vegas: Open Daily. 10am - 8pm
Description of the Da Vinci – The Genius at the Venetian Las Vegas:
While plenty of people are familiar with Da Vinci the painter not as many realize his prowess as a Renaissance man. Perhaps he was the first true man of so many talents that it was hard to peg him as one type of individual. In Da Vinci – The Genius you get a good look at the results of a great mind. You won’t see original works of art but instead you’ll see what has transpired from notes and drawings that Leonardo da Vinci created.
Da Vinci was an artist, scientist, mathematician, architect, inventor and so much more. I bet you the guy could fry an egg as well as braise some beef. (Well, maybe he couldn’t cook, there is no evidence of that, I think). This enormous amount of brain power from one man has been highlighted in various forms before but this traveling exhibition highlights some of his inventions that today we might take for granted. As a result of the research to put together such an exhibition the idea of one large exhibition that celebrated Da Vinci and his Genius was created and today can be viewed in Las Vegas.
This is a traveling exhibition that will not be on display permanently in Las Vegas. Currently is on display through January 2013.
What You Should Expect To See at Da Vinci - The Genius:
- Large scale machine inventions, many interactive, crafted by modern day Artisans in Italy. The machines are based on the Artisan’s meticulous and lengthy studies into Leonardo’s codices
- Facsimiles of a fascinating collection of codices
- Life & times of Leonardo da Vinci presentation
- Leonardo’s mysterious alphabet & writing technique
- Reproductions of Leonardo da Vinci’s amazingly accurate and detailed anatomical drawings
- Reproductions of the Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Renaissance artwork in actual size
- The Battle of Anghiari preparatory drawings
- The famous Vitruvian Man image and explanation in a world exclusive 3D animation
- The Last Supper 3D animation projected in actual size
- The creation of the Mona Lisa 3D animation
- The great Sforza horse sculpture 3D animation
- Leonardo da Vinci Documentary
Tickets for the Da Vinci – The Genius at the Venetian Las Vegas:
Adults – $27
Call the box office for Child, Senior, Military, student and Teacher prices at 866-641-7469
The Essential Planning Tools For Your Las Vegas Vacation
Take your time and do a little research and you’ll find some good deals.
- Research hotels, show tickets and attractions before you get to Las Vegas
- Explore Discounted Tours and Attractions with Viator.com.
- Research Show Tickets with Ticketmaster
- Find a last minute deal with Expedia.com
- Compare package deals with Southwest Airline Vacations
- Check hotel prices with Kayak.com