Mesa Verde National Park from Las Vegas
514 miles – 8 hours of driving
Driving directions via Google maps
Mesa Verde National Park will fascinate you simply because you have to try to understand a different civilization and then you have to try to figure out where these people went. The ruins of the Anasazi are very impressive cliff dwellings that will inspire you to get over your fear of heights. To look across ravines to the ruins or to stand inside these ancient pueblos is simply remarkable.
Climb the ladder to Balcony House or crawl between rocks to get to Cliff Palace and you’ll begin to imagine how these ancient people lived. There are over 4,000 known archeological sites and over 600 cliff dwellings in the park
How is the drive from Las Vegas to Mesa Verde National Monument?
When you drive through Monument Valley and head toward the Four Corners area of the Southwest you will find it hard not to stop and take plenty of pictures. The vast open space of the American Southwest is on full display as the red rocks surround you and the Navajo people welcome you.
The Essential Planning Tools For Your Vacation
Take your time and do a little research and you’ll find some good deals.
- Research hotels, show tickets and attractions before you get go on vacation
- Research Show Tickets with Ticketmaster
- Researching Hotels? Find Deals, Compare Rates, and Read Hotel Reviews on TripAdvisor
- Explore Discounted Tours and Attractions with Viator.com.
- Compare package deals with Southwest Airline Vacations
- Check hotel prices with Kayak.com
Need Las Vegas updates? Follow me on Twitter @ZekeQuezada