If you listen to the music playing on the patio it feels like you're in a time warp. That's what makes it feel like Mexico. If you grew up spending hot days on the beach in Rosarito or Ensenada you'll feel like you have been transported back in time. I can almost see the young me being escorted out of a Mexican bar in Cabo San Lucas. Don’t get escorted out of Carlos ‘n Charlies in Las Vegas you’ll miss out on all the fun.
Part of the 100 Things To Do In Las Vegas
Location: Flamingo Hotel and Casino
3555 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Cuisine at Carlos ‘N Charlie’s Las Vegas: Mexican
Reservations: Not required
Price Range at Carlos ‘N Charlie’s Las Vegas: Inexpensive to moderate
Hours at Carlos ‘N Charlie’s Las Vegas:
Lunch and dinner
Mon - Sun: 11:00 am – late night
If you like to look around and see some of the excitement sit in the main dining room and enjoy the atmosphere that feels like a party is about to get going. If you want to be closer to where the party is actually happening head out to the patio. If you want to be an active participant at the party sit at the bar in the patio and allow yourself to have a lot of fun.
This is the type of bar your friends went to during Spring Break when you thought you had to write a dissertation. You’ll get a real feel for the way the party usually happens south of the border at Carlos’n Charlie’s Las Vegas. If you are looking for a quiet dining experience there is a 100 percent chance it will not happen.
Part of Where to Eat in Las Vegas 100 Restaurants You Should Try in Las Vegas.
How’s the food at Carlos ‘N Charlie’s Las Vegas?
You will be surprised to find some pretty good items on the menu. First, you are going to a spot on the Las Vegas strip where having a margarita is a must. You are also heading into a restaurant with giant margaritas. Lastly, they have a lot of margaritas on the menu. You could reasonably assume that the food is mediocre but you would then be making an …let’s just say that you would be wrong.
The food is worth trying and I’m sure after a few margaritas and some ceviche you’ll find a reason to return.
What you should try at Carlos ‘N Charlie’s Las Vegas:
- Tableside Guacamole – Yup, some guy will come over and whip up a batch of guacamole right for you at the table. The best part is that you control the ingredients so if you like your guac a bit spicier this guy will crank it up. Need more citrus, they’ll do that as well. This might be my new cheap meal deal, guacamole and a beer for lunch.
- Ceviche Acapulco – Fresh fish with some diced tomatoes, onion and lime. You’ll get a bag of tortilla chips and you’ll wash it down with a Paloma Maragarita. If you need to relax and feel like you are getting away this is the perfect way to do it.
- Parmesan Chicken – What? Why would I tell you to order Parmesan Chicken at a Mexican restaurant? It is one of their more popular dishes and the truth it is way above average and it is big enough to share. Use the money you saved for a huge classic margarita.
- The Charlie’s tacos – This is my favorite item on the menu. You’ll get beans and rice but the tacos of carne asada (beef) chicken and chorizo that are sautéed with pico de gallo are quite impressive. Three of those and some guacamole and you’ll feel like you decided to head to Puerto Vallarta instead of Las Vegas.
- Strawberry Squash – This is nothing like the kerosene margaritas you had in Mexico. This is refreshing and feels a little like the jungle juice you might get on a sunset cruise around Land’s End in Cabo. I‘m thinking you should limit yourself to 3 or else you might start speaking that bad Spanish you learned in high school.
- Paloma – You’ll have this if you feel like having a margarita that taste a bit more classy. It is done well but it for that person who really wants to sip on a drink.
- The Big Mama – A Classic Margarita in a giant plastic margarita container that promotes good hydration while in the desert. This is for the person who really wants to have fun in Las Vegas. You don’t travel to Las Vegas to sleep or be a prude so drink up!
Part of the 100 Days of Fun This Summer in Las Vegas
Still searching for the right place for a meal in Las Vegas? I can help:
Go back to Restaurant home
Find The Best Restaurants In Las Vegas
77 Places for Cheap Food in Las Vegas
Breakfast in Las Vegas
100 Restaurants in Las Vegas
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy