Simple burger counter with a better than average burger and a cheap alternative to a full blown Las Vegas meal. If you are staying at Excalibur you’ll choose American Burger Works because it is fast, convenient and reasonably priced. American Burger Works is a step above the fast food that you can find at Excalibur Hotel but not the full blown fancy burgers spots that have sprung up all over the Las Vegas strip. There is no massive list of beers but a few to make sure you are happy with your burger. There is also a breakfast option that will make you happy if you are traveling with kids and do not feel like waiting in the buffet line. It's not gourmet but it is convenient and you should be relatively pleased when you finish your meal.
American Burger Works
Excalibur Las Vegas
3850 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Cuisine at American Burger Works: Burgers
Price Range at Old American Burger Works: Inexpensive
Hours at American Burger Works:
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
What it’s like at American Burger Works?
There is not much to the place aside from the brightly lit dinning room and the counter where you walk up and order. You should probably find out exactly what you want before you begin the ordering process so as to not slow up the line but it’s not rocket science. It’s a burger so either you want a topping or not. Sit at the tables and then wait for them to call your number. When you are looking for simple and good this is what you would be looking for.
How’s the food at American Burger Works?
This is an above average burger but I do need to tell you that this burger is best ordered with a few condiments. There are no magical ingredients in the beef and while the bun is soft and fluffy it is not brought in from some fancy bakery. However, that is why you would come into American Burger Works. You will get a burger, simple and affordable. Add in some bacon, grilled onions and sautéed mushrooms and you’ll be happy.
What you should try at American Burger Works:
- ½ lb burger, this burger is a decent enough size to share. Load it with all the toppings s and you might not need to eat for the rest of the day. Nothing magical just a decent burger for a good price. Add in some of the sauces and your burger comes alive.
- French Fries – Thick fries that go very well their abundance of sauces. Try the Ancho Chili, the Sriracha Ketchup and the Citrus Aioli. A fello wfood writer in Las Vegas was so excited about the fries that I had to try them on more than one occasion. They are good however, I'm not sure they warant a trip without ordering a burger.
- Turkey Burger – Don’t want the beef, go with the bird.
- Breakfast Burrito – Egg, potatoes and bacon in a flour tortilla and you have a good breakfast alternative.
- Breakfast burger – Burger patty, fried egg, cheese and tomato. Breakfast in a burger and you won’t skip the most important meal of the day.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy