You can forget that the Vampire slayer burger is worth a visit from your taste buds. Yes, put that aside.
You can also disregard the patio that looks out to the Monte Carlo pool and allows you to indulge in the Las Vegas sunshine while enjoying a refreshing beer. Wait. Let's not forget that, clearly we should never disregard the scenery if it includes a Las Vegas pool.
Beer lovers get yourselves ready for an opportunity to get very acquainted with some great beers. The menu has 1 page of food and 9 pages of drinks. That is all you have to know. Of course you should know that the beer list is expanding everyday and while it is over 100 today it will soon bulge out to beyond 200 available beers. That is some serious drinking.
If you love the idea of tasting quite a few beers you'll love The Pub at Monte Carlo.
A few highlights from my last tasting experience at the Pub at Monte Carlo Las Vegas:
(fyi - I do not review beers professionally, I just drink plenty of them)
- Bosteels Tripel Karmeliet - I can't believe I have ever called a beer beautiful but the Tripel Karmeliet is just that. It's clean, it's summery and it's sweet. It's a bit yeasty with the grains standing out with a hint of citrus coming through and a crispness that is very pleasing.
- Goose Island Matilda - My first impression was that of a Ginger Ale on a summer day. Matilda brought forth some flavors of yeast with a hint of hops on the finish. There is some general spiciness but not so much so that it overpowers the flavors of this refreshing beer.
- Tenaya Creek Hop Ride IPA - It's a local beer so I have to show it some love. It's not a monster IPA but it does deliver with some "hoppiness". Are there better IPA's out there, sure, however, in Las Vegas this one is easy to find on tap.
- Firestone Velvet Merlin - Chocolatey and full flavored
- San Feuillien Saison - A Farm House Ale that does not quite take you to a typical Saison but still gives you a little earthiness with flashes of sweet and grassy.
- Delirium Tremens - Packs a monster punch in the flavor category and also delivers with alcohol. This is a game changing beer.
- Hitachino Nest Real Ginger BrewLike a punch of Sake in the gut. It's not ginger snaps it more like a chunk of ginger in your mouth.
- Anchor Steam Liberty Pale Ale - Pool Beer. Nothing too amazing except for the fact that I could have a few while chilling in the sun.
- Wyder's Raspberry Cider - Perfect for your date that wants a beer but is really into sweet drinks.
- Moretti Lager - The flavors are a bit subdued for me but a pleasant beer.
Do you enjoy eating in Las Vegas? Make your way through more info on all the restaurants in Las Vegas with our Guide to Las Vegas Restaurants.
Need Las Vegas updates? Follow me on Twitter @ZekeQuezada