Whatever you might think about Downtown Las Vegas make it vanish from your mind. Go ahead, I’ll wait. Scrub it clean. You’ll have to get out the residual shrimp cocktails and $2.99 buffets as well. How do you feel? The D Las Vegas is a different hotel from what you have come to expect from Downtown Las Vegas. Downtown Las Vegas is different from what you remember. This is the property formerly known as the Fitzgeralds and then the Fitz but they have done a good job of helping you forget that and now The D might be a place that you will consider.
What to expect at The D Las Vegas:
The new rooms still have a little of old Downtown Las Vegas in them but the decor is nice, the colors are modern and you actually might forget that you’re staying on Fremont Street instead of Las Vegas Blvd. The limits are lower in the casino, the drink specials are more abundant and the crowd is generally not as pretentious as you might find on the strip. Smaller hotel means you get a bit more personal service but not so much that they charge you extra for it.
What you might like at The D Las Vegas:
The long bar is worth a visit to for a drink right on the casino floor and the draw of staying in Downtown Las Vegas is that everything is so close by. More food, gaming and entertainment options are literally right next door. The new property means that people are working hard to have fun so the atmosphere is lively. You’re also a few feet away from Fremont Street East where Downtown Las Vegas has been revitalized and the scene is better than the cool neighborhoods back home.
What you will really love?
The D room rates are significantly cheaper than what you will find on the strip. You will safe money and you will still get a very Las Vegas experience.
What you might not like at The D Las Vegas:
While you have the Fremont Street Experience outside the front door there are no giant mega resorts, with volcanoes and wave pools. This is Downtown Las Vegas so you get a bit more sedated Las Vegas or what is better known as “Old School” Vegas. You’ll also have to be prepared for a slight old Las Vegas odor. It once was very common to get cigarette smoke on every article of clothing you had regardless of where you were staying. Well, that does not happen anymore but there is this lingering reminder of what once was. So, if someone says, “What’s that smell?” your response is simple and direct, “That’s Vegas Baby.”
Is this right hotel for you? We have more Las Vegas hotel information to help you find the right place to stay in Las Vegas.
My suggestion for The D Las Vegas:
Make sure to have a Coney Island Dog and sit at the bar outside on Fremont Street. The people watching is excellent and you can listen to the people that are screaming high above you as they race by on a zip line. Take the money you save on your hotel room and walk up the street to Le Thai.
Rooms at The D Las Vegas:
638 newly refurbished rooms. Everything is nice and new and you’ll be shocked that somebody actually cared about what the room would look like. A few cool pictures on the wall, some fresh paint and modern décor and you have a room that is comfortable, clean and well priced. Remember that this is an older building so the rooms are not generally bigger, however, the corner rooms are very spacious, but they are not small as you might fin din other Downtown Las Vegas properties. Check out pictures of the rooms at The D Las Vegas
Location: The D Las Vegas:
301 Fremont Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Need help finding your way? Use this Map of Las Vegas.
Contact the The D Las Vegas: 800-274-5825
See The D Las Vegas website
Restaurants at The D Las Vegas:
American Coney Island, D Grill, McDonalds
Need more restaurant choices? Check out the Best Restaurants in Las Vegas,
Entertainment at The D Las Vegas:
Marriage Can Be Murder, Raack & Roll
Get more in formation on Shows in Las Vegas,
Nightclubs, Lounges and Bars at The D Las Vegas:
Long Bar, Vue Bar, The D Bar
Find more Clubs in Vegas
The Essential Planning Tools For Your Las Vegas Vacation
Take your time and do a little research and you’ll find some good deals.
- Research hotels, show tickets and attractions before you get go on vacation
- Research Show Tickets with Ticketmaster
- Researching Hotels? Find Deals, Compare Rates, and Read Hotel Reviews on TripAdvisor
- Explore Discounted Tours and Attractions with Viator.com.
- Compare package deals with Southwest Airline Vacations
- Check hotel prices with Kayak.com
Finding a Hotel in Las Vegas:
- Where to stay in Las Vegas - This page will help you narrow down your choices when trying to select the right Las Vegas hotel.
- Luxury Las Vegas Hotel - I love a real nice hotel. The towels are fluffy and the beds practically kidnap you.
- Non-Gaming Hotels - If you need a hotel but you don't need a casino these hotels work great and they are all on the Las Vegas strip.
- Family Friendly Las Vegas Hotels - Take the kids to Vegas but keep them in a spot where they can have the most fun. The kid friendly hotels are perfect for that. How do I know that? I have two kids who were forced to spend plenty of time in these places.
- Cheap Hotels in Las Vegas - Saving money in Las Vegas does not mean you have to stay in a dump. These hotels will make you happy and save you some cash.
- Pictures of Las Vegas Hotel rooms - Need to see the rooms before you check in? Me too.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy