Need a Travel Deal to Las Vegas? This is your resource for comparing prices and options when planning a trip to Las Vegas.
Getting to Las Vegas
If you consider the cost of gas versus the cost of an airline ticket you might be tempted to drive to Las Vegas. Understand that if you decide to drive there is the brutal drive home that somehow never seems as fun as the anticipatory trek to Vegas.
Consider a few tips for flying to Las Vegas:
- You should buy in advance, waiting until the last minute usually only means that you will be paying more. In order to book a cheap vacation you will need plan a bit in advance.
- Need a Travel Deal to Las Vegas? This is your resource for comparing prices and options when planning a trip to Las Vegas.
- Utilize smaller airports in your area. For example; the convenience of flying out of Burbank or Ontario Airport coupled with slightly lower fares is a huge advantage over the mess that is Los Angeles international Airport. Parking cost less at regional airports and congestion is often a non-issue.
- If flying on a Saturday, prices go down slightly and there is traditionally less congestion at the airport, however hotel rates for Saturday nights in Las Vegas are absurdly overpriced. Instead, pay just a bit more and arrive on a Sunday and realize a huge savings on accommodations.
- Always check the airline websites prior to booking a fare for the best rates. These days airlines are trying hard to cut corners, that means offering flights at a better price than discounters in order to save on commissions.
Airlines that fly to Las Vegas
- Try Package deals to Las Vegas and you might find you are able to save some money on a vacation.
Hotels for Your Cheap Vacation
Often time you read about great deals for hotels only to find out you have to take two buses and walk two miles just to get to where the action is. That is not the idea behind a cheap vacation. You want to enjoy yourself at all the spots that the big money people are at but at a fraction of the cost.
- Las Vegas in the middle of the week is far more affordable. It still can be absurdly cheap on a Tuesday night. The defining factors are often conventions and major events but on average rooms are cheaper during the week. Avoid weekends all together if possible, table limits are higher, restaurants reservations are harder to come by and the room might cost you three times as much.
- Once again, compare rates at different hotels. The key to a cheap vacation is information and the more you have the better your chances of saving a few dollars.
- Location is important. In Las Vegas you need to have access to everything and the ability to walk from casino to casino. Hotels you should consider, each are in the center of the Las Vegas strip and consistently have lower room rates:
- Join a slot club such as the Total Rewards Club at Harrah's properties or The Players Club at MGM Mirage Properties. The hotels offer promotions for their members that can reduce the cost of your vacation.
- Check out the hotel promotions and coupons offered by Las Vegas hotels
- Always consider booking through the hotels directly. They usually honor any published rate regardless of where you found it. If you can prove you saw it they typically will try to accommodate you. Las Vegas Hotel information
- See a list of cheap hotels in Las Vegas
It should be understood that Las Vegas is the land of alcohol and the behaviors that are associated with too much drinking. As long as that is understood you can now get a grasp on the simple fact that you have to save as much money as possible on alcohol. You can go broke on drinks alone in Las Vegas and you need to keep this vacation cheap.
- Drinks are free in Las Vegas. Yeah, that's right, free drinks in Las Vegas. Now as long as you are gambling they will feed you alcohol, so get yourself to a nickel slot machine and sit around and wait for the cocktail waitress. Tip well and you will be drinking for a lot less than you think.
- Avoid the clubs if you are trying to save money. The cost of a drink at Las Vegas clubs seems to be on a collision course with skyrocketing gas prices.
- Hit the bars in Las Vegas that seems like tourist traps, they always have drink specials and the fun level is much higher than you think. Also, try these spots:
- Do not drink while eating, you never save money on drinks at restaurants.