The Steak House
Circus Circus Las Vegas
2880 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
The Tapas you should sample?
- Ceviche - Just the right amount citrus, tomato and cilantro. It's light, very flavorful and the perfect tapas dish. Plenty of people are attempting ceviche on the Las Vegas strip these days, this is among the best.
- "Hot Rock" Prime Rib Au Jus - Place the thin strips of beef and cook them up right on your plate in front of you. I like interactive dishes and you get to pile as much beef as you want on the crostini. Make sure to dip in the beef in au jus first and then let it sit on the bread for just a minute or so. Now that is a tasty treat. I'll warn you that the crostini alone is troublesome, but added adding the beef and au jus and it really makes for a good small sandwich.
- Tomato basil and grilled cheese sandwich - I spoke to another person who loved the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich. It's a simple small plate and is very much comfort food. It's tough to go wrong with a tiny grilled cheese and soup. I typically need a little more texture in my tomato soup but I'll say in a combination of other dishes this works.
- Classic Crab Cake - The remoulade is where the action is, it's a little southern spicy with a flavor the beckons me to want to have a second beer. The cake had trouble keeping its shape but it was as flaky as you need to it to be while delivering with an ample amount of crab.
- Oyster shooters - Ask if they'll bring out the Pineapple Mango Salsa Oyster shooters instead of the other two selections. The salsa was as good as if I was on Poipu Beach in Kauai and my Mai Tai was escorting me into an evening of island magic.
Pan seared scallops
King crab and shrimp cocktail
Chicken lettuce wraps
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
The Tapas at Circus Circus Steakhouse are priced between $5 - $8. It is virtually impossible to get anything close to this price on the Las Vegas strip.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com's Ethics Policy