You don’t head to the Petrossian bar for a party, you sit down and you linger as if there was nothing else in the world to do. You might share a story about a drink you once had in Key West or you’ll ponder the name of a great boutique hotel you stayed at in Tuscany. You see, the elegance and class in the bar extends from the service through the cocktails into the experience.
Petrossian Bar at Bellagio Las Vegas
Bellagio Las Vegas
3570 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (702) 693-7111 x6163 (reservations for afternoon tea)
Reservations: Not required
Hours at Petrossian Bar at Bellagio Las Vegas:
Open Daily 24 hours
Attire: Casual. Not shorts and flip flops casual, soft linen pants and flip flops casual. You could go in wearing shorts in the middle of the day but late afternoon and evening you'll look out of place.
What it’s like at Petrossian Bar at Bellagio Las Vegas?
If there is a spot on the Las Vegas strip that makes you feel like you have accomplished your goals it’s Petrossian Bar. I won’t lie to you when I tell you that I’m more of a tiki bar and stiff cocktails in the sand kind of guy. However, sitting at the Petrossian Bar you realize that when the dust settles on your adventures you need a spot to collect your thoughts there are few spots that give you that feeling.
Sit at the bar. If you sit in the lounge you’ll feel comfortable but you don’t get the same feeling. The piano player will fill your conversations in the lounge while the bar will make influence your speech.
The bartenders are knowledgeable and helpful. They have time to smile and to explain the drink. In Las Vegas a good drink is easier to come by but a great drink with great service is somewhat of a lost art. Bartenders have become talented while losing their ability to have a conversation. Don’t worry the personalities and characters behind the bar at Petrossian will have you coming back.
Afternoon Tea at Petrossian Bar at Bellagio Las Vegas
I should mention the impressive Afternoon Tea service as it is a good way to ease your way into the late afternoon or early evening. You’ll find a table just away from the main lounge where you can enjoy some open faced sandwiches, pastries and tea while having a conversation. This is a perfect excuse to get the girls together for an afternoon of classic girl talk or the right way to show the woman in your life that you can sit back and enjoy some of the precious moments in life.
How are the drinks at Petrossian Bar at Bellagio Las Vegas?
The art of the classic cocktail is adhered to at Petrossian Bar. You’ll be able to sample infused cocktails made with hand squeezed juices from bartenders who take pride in the process.
What drinks you should try at Petrossian Bar at Bellagio Las Vegas:
- Negroni – (Barrel Aged) so you get a bit of the oak flavors. This is a sexy drink, much like the poster of Sophia Loren that hung in my father’s office. It’s exciting, it’s smoky and it makes me want to slow things way down.
You can also choose the lighter more refreshing fresh Negroni. It lacks the oak hints from the barrel aged version but it’s brighter and crispier.
- Cable Car – This drink originated in San Francisco and the sugar and spice is what makes it so inviting. Cinnamon-sugar rim spicy rum, a hint of citrus and you are imagining the cable cars moving past you on a bright day with a view of the bay.
- Hemingway Daiquiri – If I told you I have been searching for this drink for sometime I would be lying because this is the drink I have been searching for ever since I was a teenager and I read Islands in the Stream. I want to be Thomas Hudson sitting at Bobby’s Bar in Bimini but being me at the Petrossian is not bad at all either.
- Beleza – The basil, the pepper, the Cachaca it makes me want to kiss a South American women full on the lips. (Yes, my wife would not approve) It’s spicy and fresh like an late afternoon sit by the pool.
- The Bellagio Cocktail – Don’t judge me when I tell you this but I wish it was socially acceptable to give children cocktails. My kids would truly understand how fresh ingredients like the POG juice they enjoy in Hawaii can be transformed into a wonderful, refreshing cocktail. They’ll have to wait but I don’t.
Check out more of the 100 Things To Do In Las Vegas
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy