Part of Where to Eat in Las Vegas 100 Restaurants You Should Try in Las Vegas.
My ideal lunch at Simon at Palms Place Spa and Hotel Las Vegas:
- Wok Charred Edamame - ginger salt, togarashi, lime - simply a divine way to start a leisurely lunch
- Roasted Tomato Soup - The zeppole that comes with the soup is reason to ask for seconds but the soup has good consistency that is enough pureed tomato to remind you that someone worked to keep it from turning into a watery mess.
- Spicy Yellowtail Roll - It's not the best in Las Vegas but it's the comforting flavor of a roll done well. Jalapeno, garlic, ponzu and all the flavors right where they need to be. Not spectacular but with plenty of flavor.
- The Double Dip Roast Top Round On Grilled Baguette With Pan Drippings - This is a great lunch sandwich to split with someone. The juices might get on your shirt but who cares, be sloppy. Order a pint of Mothership and take your time, this is a hearty sandwich that when dipped can make a beef eater a little more tan excited.
Kerry Simon does simple American cuisine with a bit of an edge but not so much that you feel like you're being fed some interpretation of cool that is uncomfortably sterile. Instead you get the modern decor and upscale feel of Palms Place combined with the atmosphere at the Palms with a menu that does not stretch the boundaries of Modern American cuisine. The easiest way to put it: No one is faking a style or a mode or a new culinary breakthrough. It's straightforward, well prepared and pleasing.
Simon at Palms Place Hotel and Spa
4381 West Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV
Hours at Simon Restaurant at Palms Place:
Monday - Sunday
Breakfast - 7am-11:30pm
Sunset Dining 2:30-6pm
Do you enjoy eating in Las Vegas? Make you way through more info on all the restaurants in Las Vegas with our Guide to Las Vegas Restaurants.
Planning a trip? The best way to find a deal is with the proper Guide to Las Vegas. Get the information on prices, tickets, reservations and the best ways to compare what it will cost in Las Vegas.
Where You Should Go In Las Vegas?
- Check out our choices for the best Las Vegas hotel for you.
- The Best Las Vegas Restaurants
- Take a look at more shows in Las Vegas to help you plan your vacation.
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- The Best Nightclubs in Las Vegas?
- Need help finding your way? Use this Map of Las Vegas.
- Check out some Las Vegas Weather resources to help you plan your visit.
Need Las Vegas updates? Follow me on Twitter @ZekeQuezada
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy