d.vino Las Vegas
Location: Monte Carlo Hotel and Casino
3770 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: 1-800-311-8999 or (702) 730-7966
Wine Spectator Award of Excellence - 2010
Wine List: California, Italy
Wine Selection: 350
Cuisine at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas: Italian
Reservations at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas: Not Required - suggested
Price Range at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas: $8 - $25 per entree
Hours at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas:
Lunch: 11am - 3pm
Dinner: 4:30pm - 11pm
What it’s like at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas?
The backbone behind any exemplarity meal is usually rooted in the company you keep. Sure, fabulous food will make for a fine meal but great conversation accents any meal in such a way that the memories extend beyond the treats brought out from the kitchen. Don’t get me wrong, d.vino Itaian Food and Wine Bar at the Monte Carlo has some fine selections but the atmosphere in the dining room should lure you in.
Whether you have a seat at the bar or share a table with friends you get a sense of comfort that come s from a restaurant where everyone seems to be having a good time doing what they love and what they love is eating and drinking.
How’s the food at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas?
The details are clearly looked after at d.vino and you’ll find the ingredients and the preparation to be as authentic as if you were in local family trattoria in Tuscany. More importantly you’ll find the selections of wine to be well thought out and varied across both region and price points possibilities.
While many would not consider d.vino a romantic spot I’ll tell you that the larger sharing entrée’s and the wine selections easily make you want to nuzzle up to your partner and slightly whisper the secrets of the evening to come.
What you should try at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas:
- Tuna appetizer – A red chili crust, candied fennel and lemon oil. – Slide the slice of tuna along the oil and then gently place it on your tongue. That taste is universal and it is so delightful.
- Stuffed Zucchini – Molted tomato and herbed bread crumbs – Slice into the Zucchini and taste the red sauce as it emanates from the squash and combines the sweet tomatoes and the herbs. If you usually shun away from Zucchini this is for you.
- Bolognaise (meat sauce) – This isn’t the stuff you have at home on those evenings when you decide to open the meat flavored bottle of Ragu. The tomatoes, the Italian herbs and the meat are infused with a sweet flavor the clings to the pasta and is gently helped along with a glass of red wine.
- Crispy Skin Salmon – When done right this dish will enhance your need to initiate the caper brigade in your own kitchen. The citrusy taste you get from the caper butter will assist with accentuating the flavors of the salmon.
- Risotto – Wine and Risotto – my comfort location on any given day. Add in some shrimp, clams, mussels and calamari and you have a hefty meal for a small price.
Drinking at d.vino Italian Food and Wine Bar Las Vegas:
This is why you will stop by d.vino and then come back for a quick return visit. d.vino is home to Enomatic, a state-of-the-art Italian wine system. The Enomatic offers 18 hard-to-find selections that can be tasted in 1 oz., 2 oz., or 5 oz. pours. The best part of this is that it’s situated right at the bar and it is a fantastic way to tour your own palette with small samples of extraordinary wines at different price points and from different regions.
Do you enjoy eating in Las Vegas? What is your opinion of the food and restaurants? Review a Las Vegas restaurant here.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy