Now I won’t confess to dancing in my seat but I can tell you that right about the time I sampled my second cocktail I felt like there was no need for me to leave. I wanted the experience to last even longer. From the first course through dessert, from the good looking wait staff to the music, STK delivered the right amount of Vegas sexy to my table.
Location: STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (877) 893-2003
Cuisine at STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan: Steak with a side of sexy
Reservations for STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan: Recommended
Price Range at STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan: moderate to expensive
Hours at STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan:
Open daily for dinner.
Attire: Business Casual
Imagine that place in your imagination where everyone looks good, where the music is right, the food is good and you’re sure that the entire group is going back to your house and you’ll have great conversations over amazing cocktails. Now, walk yourself over to the Cosmopolitan and get that hip vibe and combine it with your imagination and you have STK Las Vegas. The energy is all Las Vegas. It’s that feel you get when you walk into a place and you know you made the right decision. You want to call your high school boyfriend or girlfriend and laugh at them for not sticking with you because you are having a great time. That is what it is like. It has a sexiness that often gets lost in fine dining. It has an atmosphere of fun and excitement as well as of anticipation as to what is coming next.
How’s the food at STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan?
Executive Chef Stephen Hopcraft crafts a menu that feels very much like the restaurant, as if it is ready to break out and start a huge raging party. It’s the subtle flavors that make it special from the fingerling potatoes and brown butter on the Dover sole or the ability to allow the beef flavor to come through in the cooking process of the steaks. Things are done right and the food matches the atmosphere.
- Lil BRGRs – Yeah, I know I should not be telling you to have sliders but they are quite fascinating. The soft bun elevating the Wagyu and the explosion of beef flavor as it soothes your taste buds. If the chef is having a barbecue you can be sure I’m trying to get an invitation because a beer and these tiny burgers would be heavenly.
- Pumpkin Ravioli - I can only say that I like this dish. The simple reason is that my wife loves this dish and if she finds out that I had this dish and it was every bit as fantastic as she would have loved, she would have me sleeping on the front lawn. Listen, I don’t want to sleep outside, but if I was honest with her I would be outside without any covers.
- Seared Big Eye Tuna- wasabi potato, maitake, sweet miso jus – Just the right amount of sear on the tuna brightens the flavors of the ocean. I could have used a tiny bit more of a wasabi punch but I could easily eat this dish in a fancy fine dining restaurant or on my lanai with a view of Molokai. Delightfully fresh and light with just enough punch to make me want to get up and dance right beside my table.
- Share a Porterhouse – STK is a sharing type of place. Not in the way that you eat family style but with the atmosphere that you almost feel like you could reach over and ask your new found friends if they mind sharing some of their meat. Find someone special and share a piece of beef. STK exudes a sexiness that is best shared with a group of people.
What you should drink at STK Las Vegas at the Cosmopolitan:
- Cucumber Stiletto – Fresh Cucumber, Ketel One Citron, St. Germain, Tyku – Please don’t judge me if I order this drink when I’m with you. Cucumber relaxes me and the light fresh flavors simply empty my brain and allow me to escape. That seems to work well in Las Vegas.
- Sidecar – Yeah, this classic cocktail made with Hennessy Black, Grand Marinier, lemon and citrus zest sugar will make you think of a steakhouse when you order it by name. When it comes to the table and the liquid moistens your lips you’ll feel the pull of Las Vegas. STK has a steamy quality to it and the drinks just lend a bit more to the atmosphere.
- The Honey Badger – Lets just say that when this drink came to the table the 3 women I was having dinner with soon had some very playful, inappropriate things to say about just what a honey badger was. I sat back and listened while enjoying this drink that had the right amount of Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Honey to make me feel like a casual observer in some cool guy’s dream.
- Green Intensity - Bombay sapphire, lime juice, serrano chili slices, basil leaves – I started my evening with this cocktail and if every night could go as well as this one I would carry around a canteen filled with it. Just enough spice to awaken your taste buds and then coat them with citrus and basil.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy