KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas
Location: Harrah’s Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
3475 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Cuisine at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas: burgers, vodka and some decent comfort foods.
Reservations at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas: Just stop by
Price Range at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas: $5 - $25
Hours at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas:
Weekday – 11am – 11pm
Weekends – 11am – until very late or should I say early
You’ll get the Russian inspired theme when you walk in but more importantly you get a modern look with a touch of clever design. The vodka bar looks into the kitchen; the booths against the wall are spacious yet quaint. You can have a conversation or you can allow yourself to become engulfed with the energy in the room.
There is an underlying energy here that seems different for Harrah’s Las Vegas, it’s a step up, as if they have decided to raise the bar. You can do that with a Kerry Simon restaurant because even though the quality has been brought to a higher level, the comfort is still there, the awkward pretentious vibe is non-existent and you feel welcome.
KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers is a good place for a late night meal, a mid afternoon snack or an effortless dinner before a night out on the las Vegas strip. It’s casual, comfortable and a good alternative to what so much of what Las Vegas dining has become.
How’s the food at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas?
You are going to be treated to a pretty good burger at KGB but might I suggest you put down the creative wand and allow the chef to do the work for you. Yes, you can pick and choose the ingredients you might want to add to your burger, but you can do that in your backyard. Instead, choose one of Kerry Simon’s creations and allow yourself to lose a little control. I think you’ll be pleased when you slip just outside your comfort zone.
What you should try at KGB: Kerry’s Gourmet Burgers at Harrah’s Las Vegas
- The Cheddar Cheeseburger – Simple, 4 slices of Cheddar, a perfectly crafted beef patty and a white bun. You taste the beef and you get the essence of what a burger should be about.
- BBQ Bacon Burger – This hurts it’s so good, it is as if your mouth decides to tease you with the flavorful beef and then the magic of BBQ and then the crispy onion ring. Over and over and you race to capture more and more flavor and soon you are left with nothing but an empty plate and the desire to order a second one.
- Short Rib Sloppy Joe – If you enjoy short ribs just imagine that the juicy meat is placed on top of an onion roll, it dampens the bun, then a tiny bit of meat slides out. You taste it and it shocks you. You take a bite, a tiny bit of juice makes its way out of the corner of your mouth and you’re sure it’s not saliva but you can be certain. It’s mouth watering.
- Cali Burger – You want to feel like you are having a burger in West Hollywood in the middle of the day, this burger gets you all the way to the West Coast. Avocado, Alfalfa sprouts, red onion, sun dried tomato mayo. This burger will give you a tan.
- Buffalo Chicken Rolls – I should not tell you that this is the best thing on the menu because the burgers are pretty close to euphoric, but these rolls are addicting. I don’t know why, the chicken is incredibly flavorful and the flaky roll just melts into a delicious explosion of greatness, I get it. I just don’t get why I cannot stop once I start.
- Mac & Cheese Sticks - Not sure why I would need to dip these logs into a white cheddar dipping sauce , but I did, a few times.
Do you enjoy eating in Las Vegas? What is your opinion of the food and restaurants? Review a Las Vegas restaurant here.
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy