If there is a way to make French food approachable it's by way of the simple dishes that are the norm of the Brasseries. The sidewalk cafes of the Champs-Elysees where you seem to sit around and feel like you are sitting on top of the world as you enjoy a meal that warrants the outrageous airfare to Paris-Degaulle, seem to be the model. At Comme Ca Las Vegas, Chef Brian Howard succeeds in giving you some classic dishes with his own style. That is not to say that he changes much, he just seems to work a little harder and gets it done right. You'll feel like you belong at Comme Ca and because of that you'll return.
Comme Ca Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan
Location: Comme Ca at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3708 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: (877) 551-7772
Cuisine: French Brasserie
Reservations: Walk-ins welcome or call (877) 551-7772
Price Range: Moderate
Hours at Comme Ca Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan:
Monday through Thursday – 11:30 to 11PM
Friday through Sunday -11:30am to late
Attire: Casual to Business casual
What it’s like at Comme Ca Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan?
The dining room is casual and comfortable and the bar is like a neighborhood place that calls on you to stick around a while. If you choose the outdoor patio it is very "Vegas" and you can find your own version of romantic or hip at Comme Ca. Am I sitting on the fence with my description? No, Comme Ca is pretty versatile and that is what you'll like about it. Grab a date, get a table along the huge windows and you can have a thrilling conversation with a view of the Las Vegas strip. However, I should mention that the food will make you disregard the view.
Part of Where to Eat in Las Vegas 100 Restaurants You Should Try in Las Vegas.
How’s the food at Comme Ca Las Vegas at The Cosmopolitan?
Here’s the issue I have with Comme Ca Las Vegas, why does the Steak Tartare have to be so intoxicating? It is what I would suggest people try, but how many people would pause before considering it? They know a thing or two about delivering a quality product and the team at Comme Ca has it going on right now.
What you should try:
I’m always a nut about starting a meal with some oysters if they are available, so frankly if you don’t get tempted by them as you walk into the restaurant there must be something wrong with your culinary radar.
- Steak tartare – Don’t be surprised by the egg on top of the beef, rejoice, the flavors that flow from this combination will inspire you to be more adventurous. The cornichons, the onion, the pickled flavors along with the beef on a toasted brioche are simply enticing. Have the sommelier pair a sherry with this dish and you will be very pleased.
- Roasted Bone Marrow and Oxtail Jam - Bone Marrow is a little decadence when it come to fat content. You’ll love the way it makes you feel like you are being real bad and yes, you are being bad.
- Grille asparagus salad – Why would I put a salad on this list. Well, when you try it you'll know why but the simplicity of a salad at Comme Ca Las Vegas is why the place is so versatile. This could be your favorite little café in Las Vegas, with the great view and the very friendly staff.
- Crispy Skate Grenobloise – Crispy, brown butter is really all you need to know. The capers make me excited but the crispy edges that seemed to be fused in brown butter are like candy for the foodie in you. Simple yet precise, this is a dish that will make you smile for weeks after.
- The Comme Ça Burger – This is one of the better burgers in town and sitting at the bar with a beer and half dozen oysters will change your outlook on life. Yes, it can be life altering.
- Beef Bourguignon – Slowly simmered beef in red wine and plenty of the flavors that you would expect in the French countryside. If the Cassoulet is not in season at Comme Ca this is my next comfort food dish. Yes, my idea of comfort food is a little twisted.
Still searching for the right place for a meal in Las Vegas? I can help:
Go back to Restaurant home
Find The Best Restaurants In Las Vegas
77 Places for Cheap Food in Las Vegas
Breakfast in Las Vegas
100 Restaurants in Las Vegas
As is common in the travel industry, About.com Travel Guides may receive free food, lodging, or travel for the purpose of reviewing those services. However, these perks will not influence the coverage on About.com. See About.com’s Ethics Policy