This is not your Midwestern grandmother's bingo game. Las Vegas bingo is a little more complicated and a lot more intense. The game has its own lingo and it takes some time to figure out. Don't expect to be playing just one card at a time - you'll generally be juggling multiple cards. Each card you play is shaped like a square, with letters and numbers corresponding, such as B-22, O-2 or G-74. The numbers are called and broadcast on a screen, and players use daubers to mark off the called numbers on their cards.
The goal is to get the most dauber marks in a desired shape. That, too, is where Las Vegas bingo differs from what many are used to. Winning shapes go beyond straight lines and coverall; some rooms have winning shapes like "crazy kite," "triple postage stamp" and more. It sounds overwhelming, but with some practice anyone can get the hang of it.
There are 20 bingo rooms in and around Las Vegas, and each offers different specials, ranging from free donuts and coffee to free cocktails. Buy-ins generally start at $4 to $5 and sessions are scheduled regularly throughout the day - or, in the case of some bingo parlors, throughout the night, too.
Note: Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa offers the newest and most impressive bingo room, where players can choose between smoking or non-smoking areas as they play.
Bingo is offered at the following locations. Call each casino for session times.
- Arizona Charlie's Boulder, 4575 Boulder Highway, (888) 236-9066
- Arizona Charlie's Decatur, 740 S. Decatur Blvd., (888) 236-8645
- Boulder Station, 4111 Boulder Highway, (800) 683-7777
- Cannery, 2121 E. Craig Road, (866) 999-4899
- El Dorado, 140 Water St., Henderson, (702) 564-1811
- Fiesta Rancho, 2400 N. Rancho Drive, North Las Vegas, (888) 899-7770
- Fiesta Henderson, 777 W. Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson, (888) 899-7770
- Gold Coast, 4000 W. Flamingo Road, (800) 331-5334
- Palace Station, 2411 W. Sahara Ave., (800) 634-3101
- The Plaza, 1 S. Main St, (800) 634-6575
- Poker Palace, 2757 Las Vegas Blvd. N., (702) 649-3799
- Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa, 11011 W. Charleston Blvd., (866) 767-7773
- Sam's Town, 5111 Boulder Highway, (800) 897-8696
- Santa Fe Station, 4949 N. Rancho Drive, (866) 767-7771
- Silver Nugget, 2140 Las Vegas Blvd. N., (702) 399-1111
- South Point, 9777 Las Vegas Blvd S., (866) 796-7111
- Suncoast, 9090 Alta Drive, (877) 677-7111
- Sunset Station, 1301 W. Sunset Road, (888) 786-7389
- Terrible's, 4100 Paradise Road, (800) 640-9777
- Texas Station, 2101 Texas Star Lane, (800) 654-8888.