The Bottom Line
The World’s Ocean encompasses so much that we find it hard to truly appreciate all that it has to offer. Take a trip to Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and get a very un-Vegas adventure.
- Shark tunnels and all the sharks
- Touch tanks at Shark Reef Aquarium
- 1.6 million gallons of seawater where you can see a shark
- Komodo Dragon Exhibit
- A bit of a walk from the casino
- The size, if only it was larger
- The touch tank is accessible for younger explorers and the sea life is approachable.
- The walk through aquarium gives you a real sense of how large the sharks are.
- The tunnels afford you the feeling of practically being in the water with the sea life.
- 2500 specimens including 100 different species of sharks, exotic fish, reptiles and turtles.
- Shark reef t-shirts go over well in the clubs
Guide Review - Shark Reef Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay
There is so much to protect and in order to best be able to do our job we must understand it, every day kids get a little closer to understanding exactly how they play a part in the ocean at Shark Reef Aquarium.
Have you ever wanted to dive with sharks? Are you SCUBA certified? If so check out the Dive with Sharks program at Shark Reef Aquarium.
Whether you have children or not should not dictate if you visit shark reef, although, experiencing it with my son has made it more fun. The touch tank at Shark Reef is set up similar to many aquariums across the country but the animals here do not see as much traffic so they tend to approach the visitor. The exhibits are very well maintained and perfect for viewing some of the 100 aquatic species on hand. The aquarium has 12 different species of sharks and they are displayed in a number of the exhibits.
I'm not sold on the price of admission but it's on target with the Aquariums on the West Coast at Monterrey and Long Beach. However, while the price tag is similar do not expect the size of those aquariums.
Shark reef overall is a good experience. If you are in Las Vegas and want to appreciate the size, the shape and the grace of sharks do it at the Shark Reef Aquarium.
Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino
3950 Las Vegas Blvd. South
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Hours at Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay Las Vegas:
Open Daily from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. Last admission at 9 p.m.