I'm asked all the time, "So, what is your favorite...?" Insert anything Las Vegas and a few times a day someone asks the question. So today these are the things that are making me excited about Las Vegas. They are not the best, they are not the cheapest, they are simply what I'm excited about today, like a kid with a new toy I always find something new on the Las Vegas strip that I want others to start enjoying.
- Happy Hour in Las Vegas - So many great deals and plenty of places to have a low cost introduction to good food. Did I mention that the drinks usually cost much less?
- Serendipity 3 at Caesars Palace - I recently had an Heirloom Salad that made my knees weak and the Tuna Tacos were addicting. It's too bad that my lunch meeting included someone who loved them more than I. I have to go back and get more.
- Society Cafe at Encore - Always a great experience but if the Roasted Tomato Soup is on the menu grab a gallon and top it with the mac n cheese bites. The sliders, the breakfast, the...I'll stop. Try it.
- KGB at Harrah's - I went in for another try at the burger at KGB, this time secretly without any of the usual people telling me how good it is. I have to admit this burger might be rising to the top of the burger scale on the Las Vegas strip. A few foodie friends have been insisting on it and I think they might be right. You tell me.
- The Tropicana Hotel - They have done such a nice job with the renovation that that I keep coming back to see what else is new. Walk around the casino and you almost do not recognize the old property. Check out the rooms and you'll be very impressed.
- The Bellagio Pool - Year round (yes, it's heated) this is the place to reinvigorate your senses. If you want a sense of class and luxury to go along with your sunbathing you'll get it at the Bellagio Hotel.
- Hash House A Go Go - Do I eat too much, yes, yes and yes. Order the Andy's Fried Chicken Hash House Farm Benedict and then take a long nap. This is the sandwich that made it on The Travel Channel's Man vs. Food program and you'll be delighted to take the challenge.
So, there you have it, what I'm excited about in Las Vegas right now. It will change as it always does but these are some good bets.